Don’t be scared of Duck Fat at first like I was. Duck Fat Spray is AWESOME!! When I first saw this product I was automatically turned off because personally, I’m not a fan of duck. It’s just not a flavor I’m very fond of. However, after seeing it in more and more recipes, I finally got up the courage to give it a try. Man, I’m glad I did! In fact, I loved it so much, I’ve brought it on board so all of my customers can enjoy it too. If you’ve never tried Duck Fat Spray before, the flavor reminds me of the best Thanksgiving turkey drippings you could imagine; rich, unctuous, savory & delicate roasted poultry flavor. It’s fantastic, and it pairs WONDERFULLY with a number of our rubs like SPOGOS, Carne Crosta and Santa Maria!
Duck fat has long been used in many cuisines, but recent concerns over diets high in saturated fat have pushed it out of the kitchen unnecessarily, especially because many cooking oils are higher in saturated fat! Duck fat actually has a similar fatty acid profile to olive oil; its fatty acid composition is 33% saturated fat and 62% unsaturated (about 14% of which is polyunsaturated, meaning those highly-coveted omega 3s!).¹ So, not only does Duck Fat Spray taste great, have a high smoke point and create delectable crispy crusts, it’s also healthy for you too! A win-win! Add some to your order now!
- Adds GREAT SAVORY FLAVOR
- Duck Fat is Naturally Gluten-Free
- 20% Less Saturated Fats Than Butter
- No Added Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients
- Made in the USA
- 100% Recyclable
Important Tips Regarding This Special Product
- This is NOT a normal aerosol can of cooking oil spray. The duck fat is housed in a bag inside of the spray can, so when you shake it you will hear the bag bang around inside. This is NORMAL.
- Because this is NATURAL duck fat, it can clog the spray nozzle from time to time. All you need to do is remove the spray nozzle and run it under HOT water for a few minutes.
- Duck fat turns to a SOLID at temperatures below 57º F (14º C), so ONLY store this in your cupboard and NOT in the refrigerator. Likewise, duck fat spray shipped during winter months may require time to warm before it is usable.
¹ Source: Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, The Paleo Mom