What you’ll need:
- 2-3 lbs of fresh chicken.
- One gallon-size (or larger) zip-top plastic food storage bag.
- Olive Oil
- Oakridge BBQ Game Bird & Chicken or Secret Weapon rub
- Rinse and pat dry 2-3 lbs. of fresh boneless/skinless chicken breasts (any other cut of chicken will work too). Using fresh chicken is best, however frozen can be used if it is fully thawed first.
- Trim any excess fat or skin (if using skin-on pieces) from chicken.
- Place chicken parts in zip-top plastic bag.
- Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into bag with the chicken.
- Pour 1/4 cup Oakridge BBQ rub into the bag with the chicken and the oil.
- Zip bag closed.
- Shake bag around until all parts are equally covered with rub/oil mixture.
- Place seasoned chicken bag in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes (2 hours is optimum).
- Pre-heat grill to a medium-high heat. You don’t want it “rocket hot”…
- After seasoned chicken has sufficiently rested in fridge, remove chicken from the bag and place it directly on the grill. Watch it closely and move/flip if it starts to char to quickly.
- Grill with the lid on for about 6 minutes per side. Check frequently. More/less cooking time may be required due to the size of your chicken pieces.
- Remove from grill when internal temperature reads 165º.
- Plate and enjoy!