Seems like I say this every year, but… WOW, what a year! Please help me in congratulating all of these GREAT TEAMS!!! I’m so humbled by these team’s efforts, I’ll just let the numbers do the talking…
2012 Oakridge BBQ Year-End Summary
- 187 Contests
- 30 States
- 9 Sanctioning Bodies
- 65 Top Ten Brisket Calls
- 93 Top Ten Pork Calls
- 93 Top Ten Rib Calls
- 106 Top Ten Chicken Calls
- 12 Reserve Grand Champions!
- 20 Grand Champions!!
- 493 Total Top Ten Calls!!!
As you may know, we only count top ten calls at professional sanctioned contests and only calls where Oakridge BBQ rub was used. We don’t pad our numbers with backyard contests or with calls where sponsored teams used rubs other than our own.
On top of all that, you’ve got these AWESOME individual team accomplishments…
- Team IAB 30 BBQ rated #25 in the Nation in KCBS overall points!
- Team IAB 30 BBQ rated #9 in the Nation in KCBS points for ribs!
- Team IAB 30 BBQ rated #26 in the Nation in KCBS points for Chicken!
- Team R&R; BBQ rated #1 in Overall points in the IMBBQA Team of the Year points chase!
- Team R&R; BBQ Rated #1 in Ribs, Brisket and Pork in the IMBBQA Team of the Year points chase!
- Both teams IAB 30 BBQ and R&R; BBQ invited to the Jack Daniels Invitational!
- Team IAB 30 BBQ awarded a 10th place Chicken call at The Jack!
- Team Can’t Quit Smokin’ crowned for the second year in a row as the South Carolina State BBQ Champion (this has NEVER been done before!!)
- Team Unknown BBQ awarded 6rd Place in the FBA Team of the Year!
- Team IAB 30 BBQ finished 17th (out of over 540 teams) at the American Royal Open!
- Team IAB 30 BBQ placed 4th in ribs (out of over 540 teams) at the American Royal Open!
- and many others I’m sure I’m forgetting…
CONGRATULATIONS to all these great teams!!!