The official 2014 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Team roster has been posted on our website! Congrats to everyone that made it this year and thanks to everyone who sent in an application. The competition was fierce this year with over 65 world class teams applying.
Check out Steve’s latest video where he demonstrates how to smoke a brisket flat using Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub. That brisket looked great, Steve!! Be sure to check out Steve’s awesome blog at http://bbqbros.net/.
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Program!
In pursuit of full disclosure, we will only be adding a few new teams this year. I will be capping our roster around 50 teams, which means that we will only have a few empty slots to fill. This means that our selection process will be highly competitive this year. So, please be sure to fill out your application to the best of your ability and give ample detail about yourself and your team.
To download the application, please click on the link below.
When the link opens, choose a location, and save a copy of the application to your computer. Once you’ve saved a copy to your computer, open it and add your information. Then, email the updated application to email@example.com.
The application period will close January 31, 2014.
Thanks and good luck!
It was a banner year for us. I can’t really even put into words how impressed I am with all of our sponsored teams. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again; it’s one thing to compete with your own rubs and do well, but it’s entirely another to watch others take your creations and win weekend after weekend with them. Take a look at what these fine folks accomplished in 2013…
- 234 Contests
- 10 Sanctioning Bodies
- 2 Countries
- 30 States
- 166 Chicken calls
- 147 Rib calls
- 130 Pork calls
- 166 Brisket calls
- 23 RCGs
- 28 GCs
- 812 Total Top Ten Calls
for a GRAND TOTAL of 1,544 Top Ten Calls in just the last three seasons!
Other individual accomplishments include:
- Multiple perfect 180′s, including Clark Crew BBQ’s perfect Brisket at the American Royal Open
- Clark Crew also took RCG at the American Royal Open
- IAB 30 took 5th in Brisket and 10th Overall at the Jack Daniels Invitational
- Wildcatter’s Q Crew was 17th Overall in the nation (KCBS)
- Wildcatter’s Q Crew was 3rd in the nation for Chicken (KCBS)
- Wildcatter’s Q Crew was 5th in the nation for Brisket (KCBS)
- Wildcatter’s Q Crew was 20th in the nation for Ribs (KCBS)
- IAB 30 was 28th Overall in the nation (KCBS)
- IAB 30 was 16th in the nation for Pork (KCBS)
- IAB 30 was 30th in the nation for Chicken (KCBS)
- IAB 30 was 30th in the nation for Ribs (KCBS)
- Team Unknown won the most GC’s (5) and was 4th Overall in the nation (FBA)
- Wooley Bully BBQ was 9th Overall in the nation (FBA)
- Forrest’s Fine Foods was 11th Overall in the nation (FBA)
- Lang BBQ Smokers was 12th Overall in the nation (FBA)
- Lang BBQ Smokers was 3rd in the nation for Ribs (FBA)
- Lang BBQ Smokers was the FBA Georgia State Champion
- Loot N’ Booty BBQ won the 1st Annual Route 66 Team of the Year Award
- Rubbed, Smoked & Sauced won their second Great Lakes BBQ Association’s Beak2Beak Contest
Please join me in congratulating all of these fine teams!
First and foremost, I am eternally thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. You are the One and Only true God and I am forever thankful for your gift of Salvation and that you love me so perfectly and justly to not only bless me, but that You also love me enough to correct me when I go astray.
I am thankful for my loving, beautiful wife who has been by my side through thick and thin for over 18 years and counting. I certainly don’t deserve you. I love you, babe!
I am thankful for my 4 awesome kids. Every day you guys amaze me. I am very proud of each and every one of you and I love you more than you may ever know.
I am thankful for my awesome parents and their unwavering love and support they have given me. You both have shown me how to love and how to be a man and so many other things. Love you mom & dad!
I am thankful for having the best brother a guy could ever have. Love you Brad!
I am thankful for all of my extended family. In-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews; we have a GREAT family and I love each and every one of you.
I am thankful for my best buds, life wouldn’t be the same without you guys. Oftentimes in life, you only get a couple really close friends. I am very grateful to have been blessed by close friendships such as ours. Deer camp and life itself wouldn’t be the same without you guys in my life.
And finally, I am thankful for all the new friends I’ve made through Oakridge BBQ. Each and every customer is a true blessing to me and my family. We have the best, most loyal customer base in the industry! Thanks to each and every one of you for such a great year and many more to come!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Effective last month, Oakridge BBQ has severed its relationship with Big Poppa Smokers. As a service to all of our customers who have purchased our products there in the past, or who might have in the future, I have linked our current list of over 45 retailers all across the US, Canada and Europe, who would be more than happy to receive your Oakridge BBQ orders. Additionally, if it’s your preference, you are always welcome to place your order directly with us.
We thank you greatly for your business!!
I just ran across this great video from Jeff at Armadillo Pepper using our Competition Beef & Pork rub on a pair of baby back pork rib racks. Great video, Jeff!!
Armadillo Pepper carries our full line of products and you can visit them at: http://www.armadillopepper.com/
This first batch is limited quantity.
Get ‘em while they’re hot!
Oakridge BBQ Shirts! Sizes up to 5xl
Material: 50/50 Poly/Cotton
Two styles to choose from!
That’s right, folks… Our sponsored teams just smashed through a milestone I honestly never imagined they would reach so quickly. In under three years, they have managed to amass OVER 1,000 TOP TEN CALLS in professionally sanctioned barbecue contests!!! Keep in mind, these only include calls where Oakridge BBQ rub was used. Just this year alone they have tallied:
- 30 First Place category calls
- 7 Reserve Grand Champions!
- 10 Grand Champions!!
The grand totals since we started our Sponsorship Program in August of 2010, are also equally outstanding. They are as follows:
- 306 Contests
- 35 States
- 13 Sanctioning Bodies
- 144 Top Ten Brisket calls
- 183 Top Ten Rib calls
- 207 Top Ten Pork calls
- 221 Top Ten Chicken Calls
- 259 Top Ten Overall Calls
- 22 Reserve Grand Champions!
- 36 Grand Champions!!
- 1,019 Total Top Ten Calls!!!
Please join me in congratulating all of our sponsored teams who contributed to this outstanding feat!!!