I get a lot of questions about this one, so I thought I’d just post the basic recipe here for all to see/use…
Basic recipe for using Game Changer brine as an injection is as follows:
- Use a non-acidic fruit juice or soda pop instead of water.
- I like a 50/50 ratio of apple juice and ginger ale instead of water. Ginger ale and Sprite also works very well as does peach nectar and ginger ale.
- Mix using the full strength recipe, ie: 1/2 cup brine plus 16 oz apple juice and 16 oz ginger ale.
- Inject at a ratio of 1 fluid ounce per pound of meat. So a 10 lb. butt gets 10 fl oz. of injection.
- Let injected butt rest in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Can let them rest for up to 8 hours if time allows.
- Apply rub liberally. My favorite for pulled pork is Competition Beef & Pork rub. If I’m doing money muscle, I’ll use Secret Weapon or Dominator (or a combination of the two).
- Cook until internal temp hits 165 degrees F.
- Double wrap in aluminum foil.
- Continue cooking until bone is loose or butt hits 191 degrees F.
- Let butt rest for an hour before pulling.
We are now accepting applications for the 2015 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Program!
In pursuit of full disclosure, we will only be adding a maximum of 3 new teams this year. I will be capping our roster around 65 teams, which means that we will only have a few empty slots to fill. This means that our selection process will be highly competitive this year. So, please be sure to fill out your application to the best of your ability and give ample detail about yourself and your team.
To download the application, please click on the link below.
2015 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Application
When the link opens, choose a location, and save a copy of the application to your computer. Once you’ve saved a copy to your computer, open it and add your information. Then, email the updated application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period will close February 15, 2014.
Thanks and good luck!
Never satisfied with the status quo, we have been diligently working with our graphic artist for the past two years on a fresh, new package design. While still a few months off, the efforts of our labor have begun to produce fruit. I introduce to the world, a sneak peek at our new look for 2015.
2015 Oakridge BBQ New Package Design Sneak Peak
We now offer our Game Changer All Purpose Brine in a 25 lb. “bag in a box” option for only $109.95!!
Game Changer All Purpose Brine 25 lb. option
Use the coupon code “CYBER15″ at check-out and you’ll receive 15% off your entire order* now through Midnight on Monday November 2nd.
*Ultimate Sample Packs are excluded from this offer.
Both styles, all sizes, back in stock!
Get ’em while they’re hot!
Oakridge BBQ Shirts! Sizes up to 5xl
Material: 50/50 Poly/Cotton
Two styles to choose from!
Coming soon, with already over 20 top FIVE rib calls in pre-production testing… Prepare to be Dominated!
Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub
The official 2014 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Team roster has been posted on our website! Congrats to everyone that made it this year and thanks to everyone who sent in an application. The competition was fierce this year with over 65 world class teams applying.
2014 Oakridge BBQ Sponsorship Team
Check out Steve’s latest video where he demonstrates how to smoke a brisket flat using Oakridge BBQ Black Ops rub. That brisket looked great, Steve!! Be sure to check out Steve’s awesome blog at http://bbqbros.net/.